Sunday, January 24, 2021

PM2.5 Reduce Experiment : Electric Fan & Wet Towel

Ataya : It's now PM2.5 season, Air pollution is on the peak rate in Thailand. So I just bought Smartmi PM2.5 monitor and I want to find the way to reduce PM2.5 in my room. The first way is to use electric fan to blow the wind at wet towel. I hope the wet towel can catch some PM2.5 particles. Let's see the result ...

Experimental condition :

  • My room was sealed, all windows and door were closed. 
  • The room volume is about 4x4x3 cubicmeter.
  • On one was in the room during 1 hour of the experiment. 


  
PM2.5 before fan On


Just hang wet towel on electric fan and turn it on.

PM2.5 after 1 hour

As result : the PM2.5 was reduced by 43-37 = 6 milligram / cubicmeter 

reduce rate = 6 / 60 =  0.1 milligram/cubicmeter/minute

efficiency rate =( 6 / 43) x 100 = 13.95 %

Hope this information can be helpful for everyone. Save the world save yourself !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts